There are so many bloggers out there, and so many good reads that get overlooked. So rather than just retweeting another blogger’s article, I’d like to give a bit more attention to the articles that really stuck out to me!
Each month (on the last day) I’d like to bring you a special post featuring my top 10 travel blog posts from throughout the month! So let’s get started.
The Best of February, 2013
- Steph wasn’t looking for love, she was looking to travel. But as fate would have it, she found both! Read her story Love and Travel are the Same Thing at her blog Twenty-Something Travel.
- Another Valentine’s Day post that struck me was Searching for Signs of Love at OttsWorld. Here are various signs of love found throughout a year of traveling.
- Signs I Really Didn’t Want to Obey, South Africa, is another post about well, signs. This one written by the Everywhereist, is super short and lighthearted but a post I think many of us can relate to.
- Another fun post is Crazy Things on Bikes in Vietnam by Lauren at Never Ending Footsteps. Seeing this sort of photo essay was… intriguing and a really funny way to document part of her trip in Vietnam!
- Bitten By the Travel Bug gives us some great advice on dealing with bad air pollution in Beijing, Your Air Pollution is Killing Me– something that Hong Kong is also currently dealing with.
- With women’s travel being scrutinized after the recent murder of Sarai Sierra, many travel bloggers have spoken out on their blogs. Dear Dad: Please Don’t Worry (A Treatise on Solo Female Travel) by Amanda at A Dangerous Business is a great response article to solo female travel.
- The Urbanarchiver posted some awesome firework photography tips on his blog. His technique was explained using his stunning 2013 Chinese New Year firework photos in his article CNY Fireworks !! x Blending in Photoshop.
- (500) Days of Norbert… On the Road! celebrates Norbert’s 500th day of travels in his post at GloboTreks. This blog post is super creative and pays homage to one of my favorite movies, (500) Days of Summer.
- Why learn the local language? by Aussie on the Road is a great post about language learning and its benefits. I think he hit this dead on.
- Go Curry Cracker’s article Until Your Mom Stops Sending Checks… is an interesting read that deals with the life of being a travel blogger.