Across the top

I’m Headed to Malaysia!

Share the Love -

Yup, that’s right. As this is being published, I’m probably flying somewhere over Thailand right now.

Malaysia is someplace that had interested me, although I’m not sure why. There’s something about those impressive Petronas Towers that just calls me to see them in person, and now I’ll be staring at them for a whole week!

What Will I Be Doing in Malaysia?

Petronas Towers

Even though I’ll be staying in Kuala Lumpur as my base, there is plenty to do in and around the city.

Here is some of what I plan to get up to during my stay:

Day 1

Arrive at the airport

Day 2-4

Batu Caves

Exploring Chinatown and nearby Central Market.

Eating my way around KL with Food Tour Malaysia.

Visiting the Batu Caves and ascending the 272 steps to see the temples inside.

Of course, seeing the Petronas Towers lit up at night.

Gouging myself on well-missed American foods

Shopping in BBKLCC

Visiting Brickfields Little India

Exploring picturesque mosques

And more eating…

Day 5

Melaka

Heading out to explore the colonial town of Melaka

Day 6

Mosque

Visiting Shah Alam to see the stunning Blue Mosque.

Running around to visit anything I may have missed out on or need to revisit!

Day 7

Flying home

So that’s about it for my week in Kuala Lumpur. Have you visited before? Is there anything else you recommend I see or do? Leave your suggestions in the comments!

Have YOU been to KL?

Disclaimer: All images are courtesy of Tourism Malaysia

Share:

Shares

, , ,

8 Responses to I’m Headed to Malaysia!

1. Julie K. February 3, 2014 at 7:39 pm #

I´ve heard so much about the Perhentian Islands! Snorkelers and divers´ paradise and one of Malaysia´s most tresured places, apparently..amazing coral gardens and a laid back, easy going vibe. That´s the picture in my mind, at least. They definitely sound like a beautiful respite from the party heavy Thai islands packed with tourists.

• Beth Williams February 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

I’ve also heard great things about them. Unfortunately I couldn’t visit with my short stay, but I’d love to go back to Malaysia and visit them then. I do agree they sound better than many Thai islands!

2. Corinne January 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Yes, been to KL and loved it…and we just got back from Malaysia…although Borneo. Food – delicious! People – very friendly and helpful! Scenery – amazing! I think you are going to love it. Good luck.
    Corinne recently posted…Travel Portrait Photography and Why it’s Worth All the TroubleMy Profile

• Beth Williams January 16, 2014 at 10:36 pm #

I had the time of my life. I’d also love to go to Borneo though. I’m looking forward to seeing your photos from there!

3. Simon Lee January 10, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

Welcome to Malaysia Beth:) Probably you may want to skip 1 day in KL and stay additional 1 day in Melaka, a day trip to Melaka would definitely to be sufficient:) I am sure you will like all the heritage encounters there.

Simon Lee
    Simon Lee recently posted…Perhentian Free and Easy Tour PackagesMy Profile

• Beth Williams January 16, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

I really enjoyed both KL and Melaka, although they’re both so different! Malaysia is truly an underrated SE Asian country to travel in.

4. Ler January 9, 2014 at 9:57 am #

Welcome to Malaysia ^^. do spend some time on Melacca to enjoy Baba Nyonya or peranakan food. It is the fusion between Malays, Chinese and Western food for more than 100 years. Another good place to try peranakan food is Pulau Penang. Please take good care of your belonging. Stay safe and healthy.

Enjoy your trip ^^
    Ler recently posted…Experience IMAX with TGV Cinema @ Tebrau CityMy Profile

• Beth Williams January 16, 2014 at 10:32 pm #

Thanks Ler! I really enjoyed my time in Malaysia and wish I could stay for longer. I only went to Malacca as a day trip, but I hope to spend more time there in the future.